When rivers are in spate several things can happen, just be mindful.
- Debris and trees come down river, not just other boaters.
- Bridges can be harder to navigate due to amount of water under arches.
- As rivers spread onto banks and trees can end up under water, beware of the trees even on seemingly straight and flat sections of river.
- Eddies you rely on may not be there any more, rapids may be bigger and may not be there.
- With wide rivers and faster flow, getting across the river can be harder, fatigue can be issue so rest when you can as there maybe less eddies.
- Rivers that are normally trickles can become runnable in high water, take care there are no fences bisecting the river!
- Water and lots of it can be great fun. Be safe whatever you get up to.
Tomorrow a post on more resources.